Saturday, February 15, 2020

Attributional Tendencies


Learning about attributional tendencies was very interesting.   These insights are important for a teacher to know about her students because it is an insight that can help the teacher understand the way her student is processing events and successes or failures in his/her academic setting.  When a teacher understands these things about their students, they can help the student react or process in a more "stable" fashion.  Sometimes it takes someone else to help us see the other perspective of a situation.

I learned that I am a very typical American in my attributional tendencies.  Understanding how other cultures tend to view success or failure could help us be more tolerant and accepting of a person.  For example, if someone is always blaming others for a certain outcome, we might not want to be around that person viewing them as negative but if we understand that is can be due to a cultural upbringing, we might be more tolerant.

I think that every culture can learn from other cultures.  As I have mentioned before, no one culture is right and understanding each other is a way to gain an appreciation of people around us.

1 comments:

Ale said...

Hi Zaehringer,
I think that is the key, love one another because to God human is seen equal, there is no differences to Him.